15 Jul RN1381 Section BPPA1A0Z Principles of Pharmacology (11 Weeks) – Residential and Online – 2021 Summer Quarter
RN1381 Section BPPA1A0Z Principles of Pharmacology (11 Weeks) – Residential and Online – 2021 Summer Quarter
Module 03 Case Study
Module 03 Case Study
Module 03 Content
- Mrs. Johnson is a 72-year-old African American woman with primary hypertension diagnosed 22 years ago after she went through menopause. According to her family history, her father had high blood pressure and her grandfather died of a stroke at the age of 63. She worked at an insurance office for about 40 years until she retired 5 years ago. She states she feels “pretty overwhelmed” since her husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease 6 months ago. At this time she takes hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide) 50 mg twice a day and amlodipine (Norvasc) 10 mg a day. She tells you that she has missed doses lately because she has been so busy with her husband.
- What are Mrs. Johnson's risk factors for hypertension?
- What teaching should the practical nurse reinforce for Mrs. Johnson about her antihypertensive drugs?
- Please describe concerns you have as a practical nurse considering her history and assessment findings.
- Your assignment should be about two pages.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the ".docx" extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.