15 Jul Overview In your exploration of readings this module, you will find?articles of interest around the followin
In your exploration of readings this module, you will find articles of interest around the following areas: digestive system diseases and neurologic diseases. The key terms in the Explore section might give you some ideas for diseases to search. As you read the articles, be sure to consider how many of them have multiple issues going on within different systems. Is there a connection between the systems discussed?
- From the list of selected readings below, choose two with topics that you know the least about or are most interesting to you.
- Then search for, read, and incorporate other readings of your choice in your area of interest that focus on digestive system diseases and/or neurologic diseases. You might include:
- 1-2 journal articles or websites
- Book chapters (past textbooks may be good options)
- Your goal is to have a total of at least 60 pages of content read.
- Your summary of each reading should be at least one paragraph (100-200 words) and include the following information:
- All references must be cited using APA Style format. Please refer to the CCCOnline APA Citation Toolkit.
- Number of pages read
- Keywords you used to find the reading
- A link to the reading
- Why you selected the reading
- The main point of the reading
- Describe how the health deviations you read about alter normal physiology.
- Provide your key takeaway from the reading. This could be something that made you pause, changed your thinking, supported your thinking, or made you question something.
- In your post, identify how many systems are discussed or impacted by the disease you read about in the reading. Is there a connection between systems? Be specific.
Choose two readings. All readings are available through the CCCOnline Library in CINAHL Plus With Full Text.
Bartzak, P. J. (2016). A nursing perspectives: Orthostatic hypotension as an expression of autonomic dysfunction in the patient with Parkinson's disease. Med-Surg Matters, 25(6), 1-9.
Dahdah, M. N., Barnes, S. A., Buros, A., Allmon, A., Dubiel, R., Dunklin, C., & … Shafi, S. (2016). The impact of preexisting illness and substance use on functional and neuropsychological outcomes following traumatic brain injury. Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings, 29(3), 271-276.
Jurgelewicz, M. (2015). Is a gluten-free diet enough for patients with celiac disease? Nutritional Perspectives: Journal of the Council on Nutrition, 38(1), 8-10.
McBride, D. (2008). Just in. Drinking coffee may lower liver cancer risk. ONS Connect, 23(1), 8-9.
Russell, R. (2015). Recognition, diagnosis, and management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in children and young people. Gastrointestinal Nursing, 13(1), 28-34.
Slattery, M. L., Lundgreen, A., & Wolff, R. K. (2013). Dietary influence on MAPK-signaling pathways and risk of colon and rectal cancer. Nutrition & Cancer, 65(5), 729-738. doi:10.1080/01635581.2013.795599
Smith, M. B., & Parnell, W. (2008). Teeth for life? Aspects of oral health status influencing the nutrition of older adults. Nutrition & Dietetics, 65(3), 211-215.
Yaman, H., Karaoglu, A., Cayci, T., Akgul, E. O., Kurt, Y. G., Tunc, T., & Vurucu, S. (2012). Epileptic seizures associated with lactose intolerance in a child: A causal relationship? Journal of Pediatric Neurology, 10(2), 151-154.
Total number of pages must equal to 60, Log in for the articles is S01613748
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.