14 Jul An Israeli researcher randomly assigned 48 college students to tables of 6 people to go out to eat. Half
An Israeli researcher randomly assigned 48 college students to tables of 6 people to go out to eat. Half were to pay for their individual meals and half were to split the final check depending on their assigned table and they were told this before ordering. There were a total of 4 tables in each treatment (split or individual) for a grand total of 48 participants at 8 tables. The cost of each person's meal was recorded. Included here is the data file, please note we are only using the payment and cost columns. Please also note the cost is presented in Israeli Shekel.
- Create a hypothesis test in the correct statistical language. What do you suspect happened and why?
- Go to StatKey http://www.lock5stat.com/StatKey/bootstrap_1_quant_1_cat/bootstrap_1_quant_1_cat.html and select “Restaurant Bill” or use the attached file. Looking at the original sample which average bill was higher and by how much?
- Construct a 95% confidence interval using the randomization (bootstrap) and report a p value for your null hypothesis. Explain how you did it.
- Repeat this exercise using the formulas. You will need to know that the sample standard deviations are 14.33 and 12.54 for Split and Individual respectively.
- Draw a conclusion in correct terms of the original problem and explain why this is what you would expect or not.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.